EXHIBITIONHIRE HIRE SERVICES LP - DISPLAYWORKS
|STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- GENERAL – All hire goods remain the property of Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks at all times. Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks retains the right to alter, vary or substitute any item without notice. All goods are subject to stock availability.
- CUSTOMER TAX INVOICES/STATEMENTS – The name that will appear on all tax invoices/statements will be Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks
- PRICES–HIRE PERIOD - Unless otherwise indicated, all pricing is exclusive of GST, freight and damage waiver. Prices are for the duration of the hire period. The hire period commences from the date shown on the face of the hire confirmation form. The hiring shall terminate on the date stated by the hirer on the face of the hire confirmation form. General hire period is classed as not exceeding 7 days for any one event.
- PAYMENTS – Orders cannot be confirmed until all hire and other charges have been paid in full and processed.
- LATE ORDERS – Hire orders placed during “move in” or after the close off date for events are to be charged an additional late order service fee of 25% of the total hire.
- CARTAGE & DELIVERY – All cartage and delivery of equipment will be carried out by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks staff except as otherwise agreed in writing. Freight charges will apply to all hire orders.
- ADMIN PROCESSING FEE – A fee of $5 will apply for the administration and processing of all hire orders with the exception that where an order has already been processed and the order has not left our warehouse for delivery. The hirer, if they so wish and providing the equipment is available, may add additional items to their original order without incurring another admin processing fee.
- PICK UP – All equipment must be available for pick up immediately after the event. No responsibility is taken for any goods left in or on our equipment after close of the event.
- CANCELLATIONS– Any products delivered then cancelled will be charged at full rate. Goods cancelled by the hirer less than 5 days prior to any hire of equipment or exhibition build, Displayworks LP/Exhibition Hire Services LP retains the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of the full rate.
- CLAIMS – Please notify Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks of any problems with your order on delivery. No discussion will be entered into after the event closes.
“Equipment” means the items hired out by the Owner to the Hirer. “Hirer” means any person who requests the Owner to hire equipment to it, including its employees and agents or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the hirer as described on any quotation, work authorisation, or other forms as provided by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks to the hirer. “Owner” means Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks, it’s employees and agents. “Goods” shall mean all goods supplied by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks to the hirer and includes goods described on any invoices, quotation, work authorisation or any other forms as provided by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks to the hirer. “Services” shall mean all services supplied by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks to the hirer and includes any advice, recommendations (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Goods and/or equipment as defined above. “Terms” means these terms and conditions.”Price” means the cost of goods and services as agreed between Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks and the hirer subject to clause 3. of the terms and conditions contained herein
Any instructions received by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks from the hirer for the supply of goods and services shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks has sole discretion on the Price for goods and services provided to the hirer. Where no price is stated in writing or agreed too verbally, the goods and services shall be deemed to be sold at the current price sold by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworksat the time of this agreement/hire confirmation and as indicated on invoices provided by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks to the hirer in respect of goods supplied.
Displayworks LP/Exhibition Hire Services LP reserves the right to change the price in the event of a variation to Displayworks LP/Exhibition Hire Services LP quotation.
The price may be increased by the amount of any reasonable increase in the cost of the supply of goods and services that is beyond the control of Displayworks LP/Exhibition Hire Services LP between the date of the agreement and delivery of the goods and services
GST and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the price except when they are expressly included in the price.
All prices quoted will be charged in NZ currency.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT
The Hirer agrees to pay the Owner’s hire charge and any other charges, including charges for loss, damage and repairs or any tax, GST, duty, levy or other expenses paid or payable by the Owner. If not otherwise specified by the owner in writing, all hire charges including taxes and duties are to be paid prior to delivery of the equipment.
Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks accepts payment for hire orders to our business bank account by cash, direct credit, international telegraphic transfer, cheque, bank cheque or credit card (only visa, mastercard, and amex ).
Where payment is not received by the due date. Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks reserves the right to cancel the hire order and make the goods available for rehire to other customers.
Any expenses, disbursements and legal costs incurred by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks in the enforcement of any rights contained in this agreement shall be paid by the hirer including any reasonable legal fees or debt collection agency fees
The ownership of signage and design items for sale remain the property of Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks until payment is received in full.
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
A surcharge applies to all credit card payments. Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks accepts only visa, mastercard, and amex credit cards.
The hirer agrees to provide the Owner with the hirer’s credit card number, expiry date and any other information which may be necessary to debit the hirer’s credit card prior to delivery of the equipment.
Subsequent charges for loss, damage, repairs or other expenses are to be paid within seven days of the relevant invoice.
The hirer hereby authorises the Owner to debit the hirer’s credit card with the amount shown on the relevant invoice.
- THE HIRER’S OBLIGATIONS
The hirer agrees and undertakes, absolutely, not to sell, assign or otherwise dispose of the owner’s property at anytime either during or at the end of the hire period under this agreement.
The hirer shall inspect the goods on delivery and shall immediately (time being of the essence) notify Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks onsite representative of any alleged defects, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote.
The hirer shall afford Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks the opportunity to inspect the goods within a reasonable timeframe following delivery if the hirer believes the goods are defective in any way. If the hirer shall fail to comply with these provisions the goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage. For defective goods which Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks has agreed in writing that the hirer is entitled to reject, Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworksliability is limited to either (at Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks discretion) replacing the goods or repairing the goods and if both options are suspended, then a refund for the damaged or defective goods will be considered.
The hirer agrees to completely indemnify the owner or the owner’s agent in respect of all and any claims by any persons whatsoever for the injury to persons or damage of property caused by or in connection with such of the owner’s property that has been retained by the hirer and not rejected on delivery
The hirer will use the owner’s property in a skilful, careful, and proper manner and will forthwith report to the owner or the owner’s agent the fact of any loss, damage, theft. .
The hirer will, during the period of hiring, keep the owner’s property in his possession and the hirer shall make good any loss or damage to the owner’s property by replacing the owner’s property at full replacement value of the item or items in question.
- TERMINATION OF HIRE
The owner or the owner’s agent has the right at any time upon reasonable grounds to terminate this contract and to repossess the property, the subject of this agreement.
- DELIVERY OF THE GOODS
At Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks sole discretion, delivery of the goods shall take place when the hirer takes possession of the goods at the hirer’s nominated address for delivery.
At Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks sole discretion the cost of delivery is included in the price.
Delivery of the goods to a third party nominated by the hirer is deemed to be delivery to the hirer for the purposes of this agreement
- CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT
The guarantee contained in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 is excluded where the hirer acquires goods and services from Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks for the purposes of a business in terms of Section 2 and 43 of that Act.
- FORCE MAJEURE
If the owner is unable at any time whether wholly or partly by reason of any cause beyond its control (including without limitation, acts of God, inclement weather, strikes, lockouts, fires, riots, civil commotion or unrest, interference by civil or military authorities or act of war) the owner may give written notice to that effect to the hirer, giving full particulars of such force majeure and the obligations of the owner under these conditions shall, to the extent that they are affected by the force majeure, be suspended during the term of the force majeure. The owner shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the hirer as a result of any delays caused by such force majeure events
The hirer shall not assign all or any of its rights and obligations under this agreement without the written consent of Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks.
Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks shall not be liable for delay or failure to perform its obligations if the cause of the delay or failure is beyond its control.
Where the terms of this contract are at variance with the order or instruction from the hirer, this agreement shall prevail.
The terms and conditions contained herein apply to all hire agreements for goods and services provided by Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks Auckland and their branches located in Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch, and Queenstown
Exhibition Hire Services LP - Displayworks are New Zealand owned businesses.